Date and Time
Saturday: 6/27/2020, 10:30 am – 6:30 pm
Sunday: 6/28/2020, 8:30 am -46:30 pm
Continuing Education Credits
Fourteen Continuing Education Credits approved by NPCP (PMA)
$375 until June 5th, 2019 then $425
The student learns the distinction between exercise-based teaching and mindful movement teaching. Mindful movement teaching helps clients become aware of their own movement patterns, so they can change them.
Authentic and effective mindful movement teaching includes anatomy, bio-mechanics and correct form. However, it is also informed by the knowledge of what influences human movement. Students learn how to incorporate these less tangible elements into each session.
Movement teaching in the mind-body space creates movement that is healthy and efficient.
1) Uncover your personal motivations as a teacher.
2) Understand how the brain is wired to receive and integrate input and feedback.
3) Learn which communication is best for creating movement change.
4) Learn how intention, energy and emotion inform and affect the teaching environment.
5) Understand the differences between creating a movement experience and an exercise.